ASCP Mission Statement
The mission of the American Society of Clinical Psychopharmacology is to advance the science and practice of clinical psychopharmacology.
- to provide continuing education, e.g., reviews, updates, presentation of new findings, for practicing psychopharmacologists;
- to encourage interest in and support training in psychopharmacology for medical students, psychiatric residents and fellows;
- to encourage clinically relevant research in psychopharmacology and the rapid dissemination of new findings;
- to facilitate exchange of information among senior psychopharmacologists and other investigators in the field and the exchange of information and discussion between investigators and practitioners of psychopharmacology;
- to stimulate and encourage young investigators interested in psychopharmacology;
In other professional areas
- to establish liaisons with, and complement the efforts of, other related professional organizations, e.g., APA, ACNP, Biological Psychiatry;
In nonprofessional areas
- to develop constructive relationships with mental health advocacy groups; and
- to advocate public policies which promote clinical research of psychiatric disorders and the delivery of high quality patient care.